Tsing Yi IVE Industrial Attachment Programme 2016/2017
In 2016, HKBAC had partnered with Tsing Yi IVE for the first Industrial Attachment Programme (IA Programme) aiming to nurture talents who are passionate in the Aviation industry by offering them with real life learning and development opportunities. Details are as follows.
- Name of Programme: High Diploma in Customer Services for Aviation and Passenger Transport (2 years full time course)
- Site Visit for Tsing Yi IVE lecturers: Held in Feb 2016 (including introduction of HKBAC, tour, and meeting with HR/ Operations representatives)
- Career Talk: Held in Mar 2016 to introduce company background, facilities & services, job duties of the post, career development at HKBAC, etc.
- Recruitment & Intake of 2016: Recruitment day held in May 2016, 6 students were selected out of 19 shortlisted applicants and hired as Guest Relations Helper
- Date of joining: 30 June 2016
- Working pattern: 1-3 days per week; 8 hours per day on roster basis ($60/hour)
- Key Job Scope: Guest Service, Bell & Concierge Service, Lounge and F&B Service.
- Training: Besides of the minimum 90 hours attachment as required by institution, students had been provided with i) 2-day orientation (including HR orientation, Safety & TRA training and familiarization of GRD) and ii) comprehensive on-the job training with mentor providing supervision and feedback to the students during the IA programme
- Performance Evaluation: Upon completion of 90-hour attachment, assessment of student performance will be conducted by both mentor & Department Manager which enables continuous advice and guidance could be given to the students concerned.
- Current condition of students:
- 1 students has been hired as permanent Guest Relations Officer
- 3 students are still working as part time Helper while further study
- 2 resigned to pursue career other than Aviation industry
The IA programme can bring mutual benefit to both HKBAC and students. Students could apply and enhance their knowledge and skillsets in a real industrial environment and HKBAC could also be beneficial by:
- Obtaining fresh and innovative ideas from young recruits
- Identifying talents for potential employees
- Meeting company’s short / long term manpower need and help identifying talents for future employee
- Promoting positive corporate social image
Hong Kong International Aviation Academy Internship Programme 2017/2018
- Name of Programme: Certificate in Airport Services and Operations
- Career Talk: Held on 11 & 13 Sept 2017 to introduce Business Aviation, company background, facilities & services, job duties, career development at HKBAC, etc. with site tour
- Recruitment & Intake: Recruitment day held 23 Sept 2017, 3 students are selected for the department of Business Development, Line Service and Centre of Operations
- Date of joining: 9 October 2017 (for 12-month full time internship)
- Working pattern: 45 hours per week, on roster basis for operations intern ($10,000 per month)
- Training: Students are provided with 2-week Basic Aviation Knowledge course before the commencement of attachment
- HKBAC is planning to partner with Hang Seng Management College & Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Faculty of Business – Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies) for career talk aiming to introduce and promote the Business Aviation industry