Dear AsBAA Friends
The categories and nominations of the Icons of Aviation Awards 2017 have been open for two weeks to allow changes to be made where necessary. This process will finish on 15 September. Therefore, if you have a request for a change of category to be made, please make it before this time. Likewise, if you are not yet an AsBAA member but wish to participate, please contact us before 14 September to make arrangements.
*Please note that members may now be nominated in more than two categories if this request can be justified. Those members that have a legitimate claim to more than two nominations should send their request and explanation to Cathy Chiu before 14 September*.
Please check the following important notes regarding categorisation, nominations and voting. New for 2017 is the addition of the Trailblazer Award in which AsBAA will recognise an individual that has made an impact on the industry in the last year.
Members that wish to campaign for votes in the run up to the Icons of Aviation should use the official hashtags #IoA2017 #AsBAACommunity. AsBAA will share campaign posts on its own social and digital channels.
|BEST MANUFACTURER (OEM)||MIKE DAVIS (LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT) AWARD|
|BEST MRO PROVIDER||BEST AOC CHARTER OPERATOR|
|BEST CHARTER BROKER||BEST AIRCRAFT MANAGEMENT COMPANY|
|BEST AIRCRAFT SALES BROKER||BEST BUSINESS SERVICE PROVIDER|
|BEST MEDIA OUTLET||BEST OPERATIONAL SUPPORT|
|TRAILBLAZER OF THE YEAR||BEST GROUND HANDLING AGENT / FBO|
- The Icons of Aviation (IoA) Awards recognises achievement in the business and general aviation industry across 12 categories as per the table above.
- All AsBAA members are eligible to run for an IoA Award.
- Each AsBAA member has been assigned to the appropriate category by the Board of Directors.
- Each member may be represented in a maximum of two categories unless justification can be made for further nominations across multiple categories to be added.
- Members are kindly requested to perform a final check their category/categories for accuracy, informing AsBAA of any requested changes before 14 September.
- Any category change request must be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Voting will commence on 18 September and run until 18 October.
- There will be one round of online voting in which platinum members receive two votes and all other member categories receive one vote.
- The final results will be checked for accuracy and adherence to the rules of voting by the Board of Directors.
- The winners and runners up will be announced on the evening of the Icons of Aviation Awards. We urge all potential winners/nominees to be present at the event to collect their award, or send a representative.
- Winners will be welcomed to stage to collect their award and join a photo taking ceremony.
- To check your category, please click here.